When a user reconnects to a XenApp session, all playback audio devices are reset to 100% volume level. ??Any playback volume settings previously made in the session are lost. This may also happen with a XenDesktop session. This tool restores the volume settings from values stored in the registry.
Installation and Operation
1. Copy the executable to the host to a location accessible by all users:
- For XenApp hosts, use aspmon_xa.exe
- For XenDesktop hosts, use aspmon_xd.exe
2. Add executable name to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- No special user interaction is required.
- When a user changes volume for a device, the setting is saved under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\aspmon
- When a user reconnects, the tool detects the device has been re-connected and restores the volume level from the registry.
- The XenDesktop version of the tool will set the playback volume to 40% if the volume level cannot be read from the registry.
Questions? ??Concerns? ??Send any feedback for this tool to email@example.com.
These software applications are provided to you as is with no representations, warranties or conditions of any kind. ??You may use and distribute it at your own risk. CITRIX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, WRITTEN, ORAL OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that (a) the software application may exhibit errors, design flaws or other problems, possibly resulting in loss of data or damage to property; (b) it may not be possible to make the software application fully functional; and (c) Citrix may, without notice or liability to you, cease to make available the current version and/or any future versions of the software application. ??In no event should the code be used to support of ultra-hazardous activities, including but not limited to life support or blasting activities. ??NEITHER CITRIX NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS WILL BE LIABLE, UNDER BREACH OF CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM USE OF THE SOFTWARE APPLICATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ??You agree to indemnify and defend Citrix against any and all claims arising from your use, modification or distribution of the code.